Simon Berger creates portraits by carefully breaking sheets of glass.
While Simon Berger is perhaps most recognized for his broken glass portraits, he has also created beautiful work using more traditional materials such as cloth, paint and wood. In November 2019 he revealed a stunning anamorphic portrait called #AlbertoPants on his Instagram page – made from pants. Anamorphic art might at first appear to be a broken, distorted or unrecognizable object — until the viewer looks from a specific vantage point — when suddenly the image snaps into focus.
Related Stories and Sources
- Finding Beauty In The Cracks – article by Lisa McDonald; for The American Ceramic Society ~ 15-Apr-2020
- Talented Artist Simon Berger Creates Unusual Works Of Art By Shattering Glass Into Portraits ~ via Awesome Inventions
- Artist Creates Amazing Portraits By Smashing Glass In Certain Places ~ via Bored Panda
- Simon Berger’s Facebook Page
- Simon Berger’s Instagram Page
- DrSimon.ch – Simon Berger’s website
- Wikimedia Commons – Anamorphic Sculptures by Simon Berger – for World Press Freedom Day 2020